Standing Committees of the Student Union Assembly
- Student Outreach Committee: Facilitates the outreach to the student body, and creates and distributes publicity to inform students of the issues of SUA. The committee should sponsor campus-wide programming and educational events related to SUA issues.
- Lobby Corps: This committee is charged with formulating and organizing an advocacy strategy on behalf of students. Lobby Corps periodically visits with the Santa Cruz City Council, California Legislature in Sacramento, and Washington D.C. to lobby legislators on what they see are the current pressing issues for the welfare of the UCSC undergraduate students.
- Student Academic Senate: Works to establish common goals among all the colleges and talk about academic and university policy to promote academic progress.
- Diversity Commission: Facilitates the overview and tracking of all issues of diversity at UC Santa Cruz.
- Student Committee on Committees: Facilitates the appointment and tracking of all student represenatives to campus-wide committees, including any administrative committees.
College wide elected officials are required to sit on logistical committees for the Student Union Assembly. One shall sit on the Lobby Corps headed by the External and Internal Offices; one shall sit on an Organizing/Volunteer Corps headed by the Organizing Direcor and the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion. Appointed Representatives and organization representatives do not have to sit on the Lobby Corps or Organizing/Volunteer Corps, but can if they decide to on their own.