

SUA MEETING MINUTES

Representatives Present: Ayo Banjo, Davon Thomas, Lauren Woo, Enrique Yarce, Bella Bullock, Natasha Bramer, Cameron Elliott, Ryan Sparno, Alicia Freedman, Devyn Ellis, Leighton Mair, Yonatan Tekla, Theo Kell, Saúl Soto, Claudia Paz Flores, Sydney Eliot, Soma Badri, Ce-Lai Fong, Venkatesh Nagubandi, Emma Cunningham, Alexandrina Chavez, Anna Romstad, Owen Sweeney, Francisco Diaz, Chase Hayes, Jessica Zubia Calsada, Michelle Moreno, Stephan Edgar, Sam Grewal, Shania Anderson, Sharu Suriya, Fatima Mohammadi

Representatives Absent: Katie Keeshen (alt- Katie Collins), Amy Calderwood, Joshua Anh Ta, Jocelyn Fredell, Aakriti Singh (alt- Shivika), Andrew Romero, Robert Parke, Kayla Beaman, Sunpreet Mahil

Yet-to-be-Filled Positions: MEChA, Bayanihan, DSU (Pending SOAR registration)

Vacancies: Vice President of Internal Affairs

Fall 2018 Quarter Session~Tuesday 6 Nov 2018

8:00 pm Kresge Classroom 327

8:06 PM: Meeting Called to Order

Zach: If there's errors on your name tag or if you don't have one that will be taken care of next week; addressed the minutes from last week; haven't been able to look at the attendance from last week; a recess if you want to talk about the minutes tonight?; Or motion to postpone to next week

8:10PM: Roll Call

Shivika (college 9 alt)

8:13 PM: Approval of the Agenda

Zach: Any motions regarding the agenda? 8:13 pm

Claudia: Motion to approve the agenda 8:13 pm

Owen: Second 8:13 pm

Zach: Any objections? No objections; Motion passes 8:13 pm

Emma: Wants to talk about what's going on with the SUA website and why its not updated

Zach: I'm working on it tonight so it will be updated tomorrow

Zach: Any other motions?

32 in favor to vote for the agenda approval

Motions passes 8:15 pm

8:15 PM: Approval of Last Week's Minutes

Zach Any motions to approve last weeks minutes?

Shania: Motion for ten min recess 8:15 pm

Soma: second 8:16 pm

Zach: Any objections? No objections; Motion Passes 8:16 pm

8:16 pm ten minute recess begins

MEETING RESUMED 8:27 PM

Any motions regarding the minutes?

Ayo: Motion to approve the minutes 8:31 pm

Anna: second 8:32 pm

Zach: Any objections? No objections; the motion passes 8:32 pm

8:33 PM: Announcements and Public Comments

Enrique: I'm working with an undocumented students services that hosts the California Youth Justice Alliance on campus, they're going to break down their manifest the perimeter liberation for abolishing ICE, I'm going to pass this around to take a photo so you can share with your networks; No ICE in our coffee; as we're seeing a lot of the shit that's going on with the refugee for Honduras and the lack of response from the government and the lack of accountability to what this country has done to Latin America; I think it's really important that we are talking about this, and I really want folks to not think that this is only a space for those undocumented. I really want people that are documented to come out

Ayo: We have the chancellor search committee. The chancellor is going to be coming to UCSC November 16th; UCOP (UC Office of President) has asked the Office of the president to do a video with her on going over how the process of the selected chancellor works; I want to give an opportunity for a student to be in that environment and take some experience with the president. So if you are interested in that you can come see me after. Secondly, the police committee, so UCOP has basically made this police task force to review policy changes in the police department. This is a really big deal, it was initially supposed to be November 5th, but they cancelled last minute so we are going to be moving to December 4th, as of now. I will email the campus and let them know about that as well. So if you have any questions about chancellor search committee and how you can get involved; Also SUA is going to be having a 'press conference' this is expected to happen in the ninth week of Fall quarter. If you want any experience with setting up this press conference, or doing anything there let me know.

Shania: We will not be presenting demands at this meeting. We will present them when they are ready to be presented so stay tuned.

Anna: Just a reminder that we have not got the email about different committees yet

Ayo: A lot of change happening in SUA. Committees haven't been sent out because it's not complete and ready to go; The finance board still meets every other week, but other than that once we get things finalized and have a timeline for the IVP procedure and if we approve budget today we can finalize that and have the committees sent out. If you have any questions about committees or want to start a committee you can come talk to me about that and we can start that process.

8:36 PM: Presentations

-UCSC Student Volunteer Center

Names?? The SVC -basically a nonprofit here at UCSC. Established in 1987; We want to connect with more organizations and want to create more relationships here; We want to extend our presence as a resource center so that students will take advantage of resources we have to offer; *SAC internship*- Can gain 3 units for the internship fulfills, it's a good opportunity to gain skills. Opening applications for next quarter this Friday so be on the lookout for that on the website. Something else offered is the *community service project grants*. The award from 100-1000 dollars. It's a quarterly program. Last year we funded over \$2,500 in student initiated projects and we are also accepting applications for that right now so the deadline to submit draft proposal is this Friday if you're interested; The application deadline is next Friday. *Alternative spring break*- basically a service learning trip so for students that are interested in learning about social justice issues. This year we are going to Seattle and the theme this year is displaced communities; It's a highly subsidized trip and there is an application process. Applications for that are coming out next week can find this on our website. *Volunteer fair* happens every year about 50 local nonprofits come to campus to connect with students, talk about opportunities, internships. Event- *service recognition ceremony* to recognize people in the community who do a lot of service. *Pause for paws*-therapy dogs to interact with students to

be a stress reliever for students during finals week, happens every quarter and there's opportunities to collaborate if you want to start a similar event you can collaborate and talk to them. *Ways to support the SVC* A lot of opportunities to coordinate with student organizations, create transparency for your own organization; apply for a grants; ways to give back MEAL/flexi dollar drive donate them goes to an amount of money to the second harvest. Giving drive give gifts to kids in need who live in shelters and don't have enough money I.e: toys; please keep in contact with us; keep an eye out for applications; winter internship opportunities; sheets have info and contact on there. volunteer@ucsc.edu Any other questions?

8:44PM: SUA Accountability Update

Ayo: So, how are y'all doing? I want to have a conversation with y'all today, in this conversation I'm specifically talking to SUA representatives, alternatives, college elects, people appointed by the student governments, etc. Last week when the big five orgs came into the space and presented their issues with the space and officers and the funding decision. They were informing us and letting us know we needed to take responsibility for this decision. I struggled with the reaction I was getting from SUA themselves, that is what really had me blown away. I took this time from last week Tuesday to Sunday to think about what happened, and think about where I went wrong as a person, president, colleague, as a team worker to all of y'all and what I could do to work more in collaboration with people so we're establishing transparency. And transparency I used to think it meant being honest and direct and giving honest knowledge of what's going on, but it also means taking an extra step and making sure enough voices are heard. For that I deeply apologize every person here, on campus, and to the Big Five Orgs for taking their voice away. Whether our intentions were good or not good-it happened and caused this. We have to work to make solutions that involve and benefit the entire student body. Secondly, I was going through, my election videos because I was like why did I get elected in the first place and I saw something that I said to myself in this video "Not everything that is faced can be changed when nothing can be changed until we face it together." James Baldwin quote added the together part; that reminded me of what we need to do right now in the moment; We won't be able to change everything and rebuild SUA from the bottom up, we won't be able to find that person that everyone looks to blame so that we can put anger towards them and leave everyone in an okay state after; What do we do not only to limit decisions like that being made? What do we also do to address the main problem we have which is accountability and holding others accountable. I will help to work with the big five orgs of how I can work on my leadership in this space. The constitution is what holds us together; It says SUA holds us accountable and we hold them accountable. Currently, there isn't a concrete thing that holds SUA accountable; the judicial branch was never established in SUA . And instead of creating new laws and branches, which is possible if we work with other orgs, but what I want to focus on holding each other accountable in this space. Because the comments that were said by the Big Five Orgs were comments that I heard, I said okay, I digested and continued. Those were comments that were coming from a deep place and I felt that. And now I will do everything in my power to make it right. The comments that were from the SUA representatives, certain representatives who a few days ago were saying "Hey Ayo you're doing such a great job", and then a couple days later saying "actually, let me just impeach you!" That quick change is an issue I have with SUA. We forget how we were moments before the Big Five came into this space. The moment that SUA felt that power we went back to the habits that have been continuous in this space for years. We were trying to foster a new space so that we could make others around us feel comfortable. If I'm willing to sit down, break down and work through the constitution and By laws so that the Big Five orgs can be reflected and represented permanently no matter who is elected in SUA and work with the Big Five Orgs, If I can do three jobs and still commit to how we can be more transparent and open, then I need y'all to put in some effort and take accountability for your actions in this space because then we won't be able to move forward and change. Now it's time to reflect what we did wrong in this space. Why did the Big Five org have a unity circle and breath before and after coming into this toxic space. I take responsibility but it's not just me. I've taken a lot of heat consistently, I get death threats consistently before this happened because I'm a Black and the president. Because of all this issue with racism, I take this everyday and my job as president is to show the students that we are wrong, take responsibility, and do whatever we can to fix that. Your jobs are to make sure your holding yourselves and others accountable; I don't know the perfect way to lead the student body we are not professionals; there's conflict going around everywhere, it's spreading like a wildfire and I'm

over it. If y'all are going to participate in the same toxicity then maybe it is time for the officers to leave; this year needs to change. We will own up to everything and do everything in our power to change that, look at the people that are talking look at your colleagues, y'all, we need to be better, there is no other option, you can't destroy SUA. We are the formal body that represents the students. Do you feel like you are representing the students, not as assembly members but you as an individual? Representing the values of your college when you call out a person and speak negatively to them? I get enough shit in my email from white committee in Santa Cruz, police department, everyone, and the one space in I feel like I can be of influence to change it I'm going to pour out that influence because we need a change. I'm going to open the space for comments, but I do want to prioritize the orgs first.

Colby: I think Ayo touched on it a little bit, but as we convened over the past week and reflecting on the meeting, we commend Ayo for taking the blunt, we are disappointed in the representatives and officers that basically watched him get torn apart and didn't step up and take any accountability. And the ones who used this as an opportunity for their own personal gain by suggesting impeachment and the abolishment of the SUA, suggesting that y'all create your own solutions without us, and transforming the situation to suit your own gain, we are disappointed in that. With that said, we look forward to forming the demands and working with SUA to make it a more inclusive space. But some of y'all owe him a personal apology.

Shania: This incident just highlighted how it is to be Black in any space how it is to be a person of color in any white space. We did all the work, we came in with the facts, and said how we perceived what happened and asked for it to be clarified. This is what we have and presented our questions. There were members of SUA who in my opinion used our labor and were using that to push their own agendas which isn't cool. And like Colby said y'all do owe Ayo an apology. We personally have apologized of how we come foul as well. This situation just highlighted the climate of this campus as well, the lack of response from the SUA. Just checking in with the officers, y'all can push for impeachment all y'all want, but at the end of the day we are all humans, no one is going to care about this ten years from now I promise you. So just make sure you check up on each other. Looking back at it, we were all some monsters in the situation. Sincere apologies should be said, otherwise it's just a waste of time.

Big Five Member (didn't catch name bc they were not on stack): I just wanted to add that when y'all were talking about possible solutions it was hurtful seeing the Big Five wasn't considered, as we had said this isn't going to be solved overnight. Like we said before we were going to create a separate meeting everyone can go to to hear our demands to also be transparent. But that same cycle was going on and it was just hurtful.

Bella: Ayo and I were sent an email of people in this space that had questions...as we have been meeting with the big five ...when they do have a meeting we will let you know and keep you updated. We have not met with them so we don't know the demands yet. It has recently come to the attention of our representatives that there is discrepancies about the meeting(?) this conflicts with the statement that...sorry I know it's hard to hear me I'm sorry that this isn't displayed for you to read. (continuing) Any questions for this we know that by laws can be changed by SUA. It's not possible to change until we talk about it. Ask me if you have any questions. Additional demands said that quorum was not met, again we can talk about this.

Ayo: I'm going to wait to talk about that until we meet and work with the big five organizations. There is a lot of things that need to be changed and if you really want a by law change. If you wanna assign something you can do that as well and SUA wants to get feedback, thank you for bringing that up.

Shania: motion to extend time by 20 min 9:05 pm

Emma: second 9:05 pm

Motto passes 9:05 pm

Davon: I didn't really say anything at all the last week. I was personally in shock. I heard in the back of my head my mom saying "boy shut and don't run your mouth." And I was just silent the whole meeting. After having time to reflect, I agree Ayo definitely took the right steps in saying everyone needs to be held accountable. I'm going to echo what Ayo and Shania said. I will say this, and use Black folks as an example, for the ethnic orgs, I don't know what efforts you have made to reach out to them and this is the biggest question I have- is if you were willing to do that before that

meeting? Y'all were giving office hours and emails. That was very 'reaction' not 'proactive'. They made it easy for y'all by coming to this meeting, but the offices of the Big Five ethnic orgs are right across from SUA; how many folks went up those three flights of stairs, mind you, and knocked on the doors of those students or looked up their emails. That's kinda where I'm hurting the most. Hold folks accountable, call them out. As a Black student, regardless of what you saw last week, my ass is still Black and Ayo is still Black -just to clarify. You have to understand that as Black men to hold our positions, and from what I saw last week in this space was very disappointing. At the end of the day it seemed very reactionary to me. I've been involved with different ethnic orgs throughout my years on this campus. I'm just curious if you've reached out before? Prior to last Tuesday's meeting did you reach out to the big five and let them or your colleges know you were representative for them. It's a cultural thing. Y'all really have to reflect on that. It just seemed like a great political gain to me, I was very disappointed in that. Folks using rage to capitalize for political careers on this campus. It's pathetic, it's disgusting, and I was very disappointed. I'm not saying to not give out emails and office hours to these folks, but make sure you're doing it because you care not because it's politically convenient.

9:09pm

Cameron: I was not at the last meeting, I apologize for not coming to the last meeting cause I couldn't clear up some things that happened over the summer. It was said that Natasha was there she wasn't there. It was said that there were nine people there; there was not nine people there. It was myself, Alicia, Ayo, Davon, Bella. There was no quorum, we did not make any formal decision or any minutes taken. Nobody was really taking any notes, I had like chicken scratch. The student council when we were discussing how to fund the concert. I feel that it's not right to blame the reps, and I know a lot of you probably disagree but hear me out...

Colby: No one's blaming the reps, I don't know why you're bringing this up at all. It sounds like you're about to set up a counterargument, where you're trying to call someone out. It doesn't make sense to rehash again so we can make progress...

Cameron: I just wasn't at the last meeting so I just wanted to clarify some things. People have been saying bad things about officers and threats on facebook. No SUA rep signed off on that document. There's a lot of stuff that has been going on.

Owen: There's a lot, personally I stay off of social media relating to school and would encourage all other reps to do so, because if we're going to be professional and represent students, maybe social media is a good way to put out something quickly, but I don't think it's the right setting to engage in right now. I haven't seen any of these posts and that's because I don't go there. I communicate through talking in person and email. I urge you all to do so. Furthermore, talking about reforms here in SUA, Ayo what are you thinking? Thinking of rewriting the constitution? What do you envision?

Ayo: In terms of governing documents? I will say #1, after we get budget approved, after we get IVP and Treasurer hired..if that happens as soon as possible..I'm planning to move SUA as a biweekly thing because we have increased the SOFA budget so much that we're not expecting really any of the organizations to come for the \$17,000. But we have the \$61,000 will come to. All the funds we really need is allocated as is. There is no reason at all for SUA to touch the funding unless its an emergency. I don't think weekly meetings help anyone. We need to have a plan of what we wanna do, do goal orienting for SUA officers and reps; do something that is a political statement for this university of California. The rest of the priorities, work with the big five orgs first to make sure their priorities are in those governing docs, we'll come back to SUA and get feedback. By law changes are the most easiest thing to change, if you're looking for something to change in the constitution, we need the student body to vote on that. If you want to change a constitutional amendment, the earliest that can happen is at Spring quarter at the end of our terms is when that can be voted on. We can start working on that now though.

Owen: I think that representing students is such a big issue on this campus because we are so spread out and there's so much difference, and it's a challenge. But I think a lot of people don't think they don't want to be involved in the student government because they see that as people trying to take control, build their resumes, and not really represent them. I think that we can overcome that (i.e.: use surveys, Facebook). I think that we should figure out ways to use what we have to our advantage and get out there a represent people. I would like to see a plan of the plan essentially. I love hearing about you say about doing shit -excuse my French. But I would like to know... that just

seems so far off if we are only meeting bi-weekly how are we all going to come together collectively to represent students on how to decide on a plan.

Emma: I was previously in the SUA Vision committee last year and it was aimed at changing certain aspects of the governing documents within SUA. As far as I'm aware, that committee has been discontinued, but I would like to reopen that. Because it seems that there needs to be an actual physical change within the actual physical writing within the bylaws and constitution. That's something that I'm knowledgeable about and I would like to be able to hold that space so we can move forward to making those changes. I know that not everyone understands the constitution and by laws, which is reasonable because they are confusing. I want to try to make that as accessible as possible. I also wanted to mention Davon, thank you for saying the things that you said. I have not reached out as a representative and that is on me and my bad, and I'm sorry, and I will do that now. I hadn't even thought about reaching out to ethnic orgs or identity orgs in general to see which people I could be representative of.

Alicia: I agree that SUA should meet biweekly and we can have committees report to say what we are working on here and that way we can keep everybody in the loop and talk about issues students face. That way we can all talk about we can do to serve students on a regular basis.

Natasha: So um I think the comments and arguments made about people who spoke up as I guess a way to advance their political career, mind you in SUA in a fucking UC, Not sure if I were to ever run for congress if I would agree with the situation, but that's just me. But beyond that I think that argument is really lazy to be honest. I think we should all take everyone's actions as how they genuinely feel in the moment and not like a huge act for political advancement for a SUA position. That just seems dumb to me, also since I made the impeachment comment I think it's important to know that the comment was only for if the officers did not fix the problems they made. Also I appreciate that BSU is bringing up comments on like Black efforts and efforts from their spaces but we also have the right to be upset about to be upset about this issue. If ya'll are good with it now that's cool, but we can also want to hold our own officers accountable separate from the big five org issue. Although that was what the schpeel was at the end of the meeting last week and it seemed like people were pissed off, but now the big five orgs are not pissed off? And that doesn't mean that all of a sudden the reps don't have to be because we still are in SUA and still have to deal with lack of accountability.

Bella: This past week has been interesting an emotionally draining for representatives and officers, I apologize that this happened and that we have to go through this in order to be able to move forward. I am sorry of how this process was handled and sorry about it. Disheartens me that reps are getting crapped on for something that was intentionally supposed to be something positive and it was made negative. I'm here for you if you ever need to talk, I know that I'm probably not your favorite person right now. I own up to it, me as an officer, for making that decision over the summer

Anna: motion to extend time by 25 min 9:24 pm

Shania: second 9:24 pm

Any objections? No objections, Motion passes 9:24 pm

Leighton: outreach in my personal experience I have not been doing enough of it, I don't know if other SUA reps have not been doing enough. I believe that that failure on my part and others has resulted in a lack of communication between us and students and student orgs. If we have that communication and collaboration; moving forward as representatives should make the effort to reach out and the orgs not being forced to come here to address us.

Anna: I wanted to put it out there that my space has suggested to putting a limit on amount of money that can be spent during the summer quarter and they've left the amount up to this space so that can be discussed at a later time.

Cameron: This is not directly related but it'll help speed up the process with getting reform done? Me and some reps were talking about getting an IVP sub committee move on with hiring process of that. Get budget passed and SOFA passed.

Ayo: Right now me and Zach will touch base on IVP questions. I love the idea of the sub committee. In terms of the work, I already do the work. I'm open to seeing how we can get more collaboration with representatives.

Alicia: Based on what we heard from the big five last Tuesday, set aside money for the big five SUA can't touch; another thing in terms of moving forward, I know last week we discussed updating SUA website, I think that's something we need to get done, it's important that we have SUA update speed be on social media on main google webpage for people who check official sites can see for example that SUA are meeting here tonight.

Shania: First, the purpose of this agenda is to address the accountability, not solutions although we do appreciate that, but let's stick to that. I'm not trying to address people directly, but we were addressed directly. So, Natasha just in your past comment it was very exclusionist, but yeah at the last meeting, as our demands were reduced down to a schpeel, as the big five doesn't like coming into the space cause of the toxicity to begin with. We're working hard on the demands and for our work to be labeled as a schpeel is very demeaning to us as people, as students, as organizers, as people coming into this space and enduring that toxic energy. The email we were sent saying that what's my availability for a meeting on Friday to go over solution and demands. It was definitely not an overnight solution, this wasn't an overnight problem so there won't be an overnight solution, coming up with demands is not an overnight thing. Please do not contact us to meet until we have our demands finished. We do consider the constitution and by laws that are in place. SUA has a no accessible place. The reaction we have been getting have been very reactive, still pushing personal political agendas. For the folks who have apologized I would like to say thank you, it seemed very sincere and I hope you do follow up on your agreement to reach out to these spaces. If you combine all the minority people we are considered the majority on this campus and we would really appreciate since we did vote for ya'll if you can take the time to come learn more about our spaces and how you can come help us.

Enrique: I really don't believe in quorum, but students are cool and I think this is your space. I think if you want to create your own ways to change things is great. I definitely think there needs to be restructuring and obviously that's what we're talking about. I'm glad we are having this convo, because when I transferred here what I heard about SUA is that it was very toxic and anxiety inducing. I wish y'all luck with all of this, I hope you can create something really. Great that isn't replicating what has been previously seen like on a federal and constitutional level to folks.

Colby: In response to Natasha's comment, I don't appreciate you front loading a comment. What you said just invalidates the work you are trying to do, although I know it's well intentioned it was hurtful nonetheless. I'm not sure if you are referring to my reaction, but we as big five were pissed when we initially came into this space. It's when we were confronted with bureaucratic processes and weren't getting straight answers was when we got mad. Like we met with y'all afterwards we are not monstrous people, we are students just like you. Reacting to Cam's comment is us trying to get past this incident and move forward to make this space better. If you're still mad I don't know what to tell you but it's not going to help us get anywhere.

Fatima: I'm upset with officers that ran off the platforms of the ethnic orgs, student orgs, identity orgs and not really honoring those communities. One thing to be mindful of, and why I think a lot of people feel taken advantage of is the fact that officers do have more privileges because you're getting paid for the work you're doing. Just because you're held to that higher standard people hold you to that standard because you are given so many resources that aren't accessible to everyone. Obviously you shouldn't be harassed and be getting hate comments. I feel very disrespected and a lot of the trust we have put in y'all has crumbled we gave you so much and I feel like you need to give back and check in with spaces, not just the Big Five orgs, but also other student orgs on campus. In terms of accountability, we can't hold you accountable if we don't have access. This space feels toxic, a lot of people don't feel safe in this space. I've seen a lot of hatred and racism and bigotry and those things need to be addressed in order for us to hold you accountable properly.

Saúl: I'm just curious, I thought we weren't supposed to address people directly, It makes it a slightly hostile environment. It feels weird. I feel we shouldn't allow people to speak as openly.

Zach: I did not catch that when it happened the first time, I felt as though it was restrictive to force that on people on same topic, I apologize.

Alexandria: I wanna say that I'm listening to the problems. I was previously in student senate and to transfer students; I hope that being here I can bring in my perspective and experience from a different school and help solve problems. I'm here, I have reached out and I'm trying. As a transfer I hope I can get feedback from transfers as well.

Venkatesh: There hasn't been any way of how we can do better about directly reaching out to students. How do we actively let them know what we're doing and what they think about it.

Ayo: Because of time we aren't going to get into that right now, but I do encourage everyone to come up with ideas. Electives should hold meeting talk about concerns and bring that to SUA at least once a quarter. SUA is planning to have a press conference so elected representatives have an opportunity to talk as well as other organizations who want that platform to talk about issues they feel are important. In terms of specific things you can do, that is not our job to figure that out, it's for y'all to bounce off ideas and for y'all as a community that is your job to collaborate on ideas, and engage with outside communities. Next week we will finish budget and at least present the IVP procedure.

Soma: Guidelines would be helpful; trying to think of things on the go is difficult

Emma: So that's kind of what the SUA vision committee is supposed to do. Last year we worked on specific requirements for duties for electives and college reps. So they knew what kind of things were required and expected of them to do. People won't be able to say that they didn't know they were meant to reach out to a certain org; a set of requirement for specific job description which is what we need.

Shania: To reach out to the student orgs, everyone's email is on the SOAR website and Semeca (?) has all the list of registered student orgs and their contact info if you are genuinely interested in reaching out

Yanatan: From Oakes, Our space supports the big five and their mission. I think the discussions are really good first step because we need look for a solution and work towards that as a group instead of separately then because by doing that separately we are not being as transparent . Come together as student on campus and see what every role in SUA should be.

Shivika: This is my first SUA meeting and when I came in, the moment I came in I could see the tension. I was trying to understand what happened last meeting. I kind of saw like "Us versus Them". There's no us versus them we are all students here. At the end of the day, we have to collaborate, communicate. Instead of being a space of hostility we need to be able to openly share opinions and be able to understand each others opinions, have open-mindedness.

946PM: Closing Remarks and Adjournment

Ayo: there is a lot of important points brought up; first time this year that we are having a productive convo that will lead to more solutions. We need to not be so fast and hard on yourself to the point where you think if you ruin something it will be the end. Accountability means taking extra extra extra steps to engage with the student body. If I have to relive last week, big five orgs held every office past and present accountable. I want to extend open hands and collaboration and make this space representative. It's my job to make sure that this space isn't toxic and you can speak your mind. As we rebuild trust...with everyone; student body, orgs, press, etc. remember that all of you are all doing a lot by being here and contributing your time and energy. Although it's not about intention, but impact, I use my intention to continue to drive me. I want to radiate everyone's strength together to get through everything. Remember we are here and we need to remember to be here as people, as students. Right now the world is crazy. It's hard to see voter suppression still continuing across the nation. I want to remind everyone although we have this hub, there is a bigger thing at hand going on right now. You're wrong if you don't think you have power and voice in this nation. We do and need to come together and work towards solutions. I love y'all so much, I know that's unprofessional to say, and I admire y'all. If you have any problems or issues please come talk to me and yell at me and let me take your anger but after that let's start reconstructing.

Meeting adjourned 9:52 PM