The University of California Student Assocation (UCSA) is now accepting applications for the Student Observers to the Regents Committees on Health Services, Education Policy and Finance.
As the official voice of UC students, UCSA nominates students to sit on selected Regental committees as Student Observers. The current committees Student Observers serve on are Finance, Education, and Health Policy. These students are given time to address the regents directly and are provided with committee materials in advance of the meeting. Student Observers are expected to serve one-year terms.
Student Observer Expectations:
- Attend all Regent meetings
- Submit a report after each committee meeting and/or conference call
- Submit any recommendations that UCSA should take action on, in resolution form, if asking the UCSA Board to take a formal stance
- Attend the 3 UCSA Conferences held each year
- Attend the UCSA Board of Directors meeting when your campus is hosting
Applicants being considered for these positions will first be recommended by UCSA to the appropriate Regental Committee Chair, who then will then make the final decision of choosing students for the positions.