SUA is composed of the six officers and 40 representatives, making a total of 46 voting members. The representatives are selected as follows:
- 1 representative (10 total) is elected by the student bodies of each of the colleges through a campus election held during the previous Spring quarter.*
- 2 representatives (20 total) are appointed by each of the college governments.
- 1 representative (5 total) is appointed by each of the following registered student organizations:
- African/Black Student Alliance (ABSA)
- Asian Pacific Islander Student Alliance (APISA)
- Queer Student Union (QSU)
- Movimiento Estudiantil Chican@ de Aztlán (MEChA)
- Student Alliance of North American Indians (SANAI)
- 1 at-large representative (5 total) is appointed by the following student organizations:
- to be determined Fall 2015
*In the event of resignation or removal from office of an elected college representative, their respective college government appoints a replacement representative.
Sample SUA Representative Quarterly Report: Click Here